Submit your Abstract
First Deadline for Abstract Submission
April 30th 2015
Abstracts submitted after the deadline might not be accepted.
Abstract authors include four different categories:
1. First Author: the author who submitted the abstract and to whom all correspondence from VeniceArrhythmias 2015 will be sent. The First Author may not be the Presenting Author.
2. Presenting Author: the author who will present the abstract. Please make sure that the corresponding author updates the Presenter about communication from the Organizing Secretariat.
3. Co-Authors: the rest of the authors in an abstract’s author string.
In order to have correct information in the indices and the website of VeniceArrhythmias 2015, author names in multiple abstracts have to be consistent. For example: Robert Grant belongs to the author string of more abstracts, the name R. Grant must be written this way in all abstracts and not in different ways, such as Rob Grant, Grant Rob….
Affiliations: short affiliation is required for each author or group of authors, including Department, Institution, City and Country. Please do not insert authors’ names and affiliations in the .doc document you are required to upload.
A. BASIC SCIENCE AND EXPERIMENTAL ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY
B. GENETIC AND GENE THERAPY
C. EPIDEMIOLOGY AND CLINICAL EVALUATION
D. CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIAS NONINVASIVE EVALUATION
E. GENERAL DISORDERS AND ARRHYTHMIAS
H. ATRIAL FIBRILLATION
I. SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATH AND IMPLANTABLE DEFIBRILLATORS
K. RESYNCHRONIZATION THERAPY
L. CATHETER ABLATION
O. PEDIATRIC PACING AND ELECETROPHYSIOLOGY
Q. CASE REPORTS
The indication of the preferable presentation type (Oral Communication / Poster) is required.
The final allocation of the abstract will be decided by the Abstract Selection Committee taking into consideration your preference.
Abstract must be submitted electronically only via the Abstract Submission Form. An acknowledgement of the receipt of the abstract will be sent automatically by e-mail to the presenting author upon the on-line submission.
In order to set a common standard for the abstracts publication, authors are requested to organize the abstract as follows:
1. Introduction – statement of the hypothesis or research question.
2. Methods – an explanation of the study design and experimental methods used.
3. Results – A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study. Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading.
4. Conclusions – Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study.
When preparing the text, please remember:
- Use generic drug names.
- Do not begin sentences with numerals.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Non-standard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parenthesis after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include references, credit or grant support.
- Do not include the names or personal information of any patient participating in the study or trial.
The text should contain no more than 180 words, figures or tables excluded. A maximum of 2 figures/tables/graphics is acceptable.
Typeface “Times New Roman”, Font size 12.
In order to avoid blank lines, please single-space all typing. Be sure that any text included in graphics, if any, will be legible at the defined size.
Carefully proofread the abstract, make any necessary revisions before the submission deadline date and be sure that the English level is appropriate for a scientific abstract. Each abstract can only be submitted once. The same abstract cannot be submitted for consideration in different categories.
Notification of Acceptance/Non-acceptance will be e-mailed by June 16th 2015.
Registration of Abstract presenters
Abstract presenters must register and pay the registration fee within June 30th, 2015.
The registration will ensure the presentation of the abstract during the congress and the publication in the Abstract Book published by JAFib.
Expenses are under the presenter’s responsibility. Only the first author listed is considered the presenter. If registration is not accomplished within the scheduled deadline the abstract will not be published. Please make sure you inform the Organizing Secretariat of any changes you would like to make.
Only PC data projection will be available in every room.
All slides must be worded in English only; please copy your work – prepared in PowerPoint – on a CD or USB pen.
The Speaker Ready Room will be available for presenters and speakers to preview their slides and to become familiar with the audiovisual equipment.
The use of personal laptops in the Workshop rooms is not allowed.
All posters layout must be at “portrait” size 70cm width x 100cm height. Specific instructions about mantling, displaying and dismantling will be e-mailed in due time.
When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to fill in this field. The winners will be announced during the Opening Ceremony scheduled for the afternoon of October 27th 2015.